Monday, March 7, 2011

Chicken Adobo

only meh
Supper Swap for March was Chicken Adobo, by way of Giada, with baby bok choy and cashews from Simply Recipes. Before you question my judgment too much, let me just say Giada's recipe was essentially identical to all the other versions out there of varying degrees of authenticity. To my mind, the addition of a bay leaf and some parsley can't be bad. The bok choy and cashews recipe sounded like a winner. I like baby bok, I like cashews, I like sesame oil, I like nearly everything with a Chinese accent of garlic and scallions. Both recipes have the virtue of being prepared in a single large pan, which is important for keeping Swap cooking under control, and required minimal prep.

All that being said, my total verdict on this one was meh. It was fine, there was nothing wrong with it, no one seemed wild about it, I probably won't be making it again. I used a good soy sauce, so that wasn't the problem--though perhaps the very best Filippino style sauce it would have had the extra something it needed. The baby bok didn't wow me either. Oh well, better luck next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment